Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Special Interests Control How Fairfield Unions Get Salary Protections

Personally I like most of the women and men in Fairfield's protective services.  They take their work seriously.  I should know as I almost won the Fairfield City Council elections though the unions supported those who won.

Guess why the Fairfield city council wanted Rick Vaccaro appointed?  Matt Garcia and I were friends - he told me I should have won the election as he knocked on few doors.  I knocked on more voter doors than any other candidate when I ran.  I dare anyone to do a large survey of Fairfield voters to prove this. 

Actually when Frank Kardos said he knocked on something like 9,000 doors I was floored.  So tempted was I to expose what appeared his falsehood. I kept my mouth shut on this and other negative things i knew about him because I prefer to avoid mud slinging campaigns. Others knew and also chose not to speak up.

Maybe I should have told the Fairfield City Council during the appointment process my close relationship with Matt Garcia.  But so soon after the great guy's funeral was simply not something I felt was right for the time.

I'm not taking sides, but simply shedding light on part of what I know is really going on in our Fairfield, capital of Solano County.  Politics requires tough decisions, and Fairfield city employees need all the support they can get. Please Support Our Fairfield City Employees. They Have Families To Support Too.

No comments:

Post a Comment